Cathi turned twenty-one in March 1979 so Gramma Paris, Mom, and I took her to Las Vegas for a weekend in April. We stayed at the Desert Inn and Country Club, where we had show tickets to see Anthony Newley and Juliet Prowse. Afterwards, Gramma and mom went to their room while Cathi and I decided we were going out to play the slot machines on the Strip. I forget where we were, but we had split up in the casino and Cathi was playing a machine a few aisles away from me. After a while I hear bells, whistles, and the unmistakable clanking that coins make when a slot machine is spitting them out. I look around and hear her excited voice above the noise, "Somebody get my sister! Somebody get my sister!" She had hit a $200 jackpot on a quarter machine and was absolutely elated.
Cathi's 21st Birthday
Posted by
Sue
on Monday, August 3, 2009
Labels:
good times
Cathi turned twenty-one in March 1979 so Gramma Paris, Mom, and I took her to Las Vegas for a weekend in April. We stayed at the Desert Inn and Country Club, where we had show tickets to see Anthony Newley and Juliet Prowse. Afterwards, Gramma and mom went to their room while Cathi and I decided we were going out to play the slot machines on the Strip. I forget where we were, but we had split up in the casino and Cathi was playing a machine a few aisles away from me. After a while I hear bells, whistles, and the unmistakable clanking that coins make when a slot machine is spitting them out. I look around and hear her excited voice above the noise, "Somebody get my sister! Somebody get my sister!" She had hit a $200 jackpot on a quarter machine and was absolutely elated.