My grandmother, Mary Alice Paris, cared for children as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) at Orthopaedic Hospital, 2400 South Flower Street in Los Angeles, California for nineteen years, from 1958 until she retired in 1977. I can visualize her white uniform, the white stockings and shoes, and the crisp white nurse's cap held to her head with white bobby-pins. She developed lasting friendships with her co-workers; Mason, Shryer, and Sutherland. These ladies always called each other by their last names. It never dawned on me that they even had first names until we were putting the guest list together for my wedding in 1975 and they were included. It was here, at Orthopaedic Hospital, that I had my tonsils removed when I was two years old.
Orthopaedic Hospital
Posted by
Sue
on Friday, July 31, 2009
Labels:
family history,
maternal ancestors
My grandmother, Mary Alice Paris, cared for children as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) at Orthopaedic Hospital, 2400 South Flower Street in Los Angeles, California for nineteen years, from 1958 until she retired in 1977. I can visualize her white uniform, the white stockings and shoes, and the crisp white nurse's cap held to her head with white bobby-pins. She developed lasting friendships with her co-workers; Mason, Shryer, and Sutherland. These ladies always called each other by their last names. It never dawned on me that they even had first names until we were putting the guest list together for my wedding in 1975 and they were included. It was here, at Orthopaedic Hospital, that I had my tonsils removed when I was two years old.